Whether you are relocating to new business premises, moving offices or just moving within the same building, a professional removal company specialising in commercial removals can minimise the disruption to your business.
If you are relocating your business, you should consider using a professional removal company rather than arranging to do the move yourselves.
Moving offices is different to a moving house. It doesn’t just affect you and there are more people to consider such as other staff and your customers. Staff might not want to help move and it can be physically demanding. You want to avoid injuring staff or damaging equipment!
There may be more furniture to move in an office compared to a house, depending on the number of desks, filing cabinets etc. and many items can be heavy, such as paper archives.
A commercial relocation or removal requires planning to minimise disruption. The move can be a distraction and diverts resources away from your core business activities. Staff can become unsettled and unfocused if they are helping move equipment and furniture. There is also the hidden cost of paying your staff to undertake the move when their time could be spent on their usual responsibilities.
An office move might be necessary to expand and gain more business but it could have a detrimental effect. It will reflect badly on your business if the move affects customers, if you miss deadlines or can’t access equipment or stock.
Tips For Successful Commercial Removals In Plymouth
- Attention to detail is important for any move, especially for office moves when you want to minimise disruption. This is where our experience comes in and we can help you plan the move and offer you our advice.
- Assign the role of overseeing the move and coordinating with the removal company to someone in your company.
- Produce an inventory of what is to be moved and identify anything that is particularly critical e.g. IT equipment or stock.
- Use a removal company with experience of commercial removes and not just house moves.
- Request that the removal company does an on-site visit to assess the move requirements before you commit to a price or contract.
- Be specific about your requirements, for example if you need to move outside of standard office hours or need certain items moved first .
- You may need to coordinate your with your IT support team to move servers, network equipment and computers.
- Finally, don’t forget to let your customers know you have moved!
Office Refurbishments – Temporary Storage For Office Equipment
If you are relocating offices then our storage services in Plymouth might be of interest. We offer low cost, secure storage that is available on a short or long-term basis.
Our Plymouth storage is ideal if you are redecorating your offices, undertaking building work or expanding. You can store almost anything with us, including office furniture, stock, paperwork and marketing materials and access them whenever you need to. We will even help you move into storage!
Commercial Removal Services in Plymouth – Contact Our Ivybridge Branch
If you need commercial removals in Plymouth, please contact our removal branch in Ivybridge:
Tel: 01752 895 999
Dainton Self Storage and Removals
Lee Mill Industrial Estate
Devon PL21 9GA
Commercial Removal Services Across Devon – Contact Our Exeter Branch
We also have branches across Devon. If you require commercial removal services in Exeter or other locations in Devon, please contact our Exeter branch or our Head Office on freephone 0800 923 0355:
Devon Move in Exeter
Tel: 01392 882 323
Dainton Self Storage and Removals
Greendale Business Park
Devon EX5 1EW