The end of every year always sees a flurry of experts willing to put their necks on the line and predict where house prices will be in 12 months time. Its as predictable as turkey leftovers but there are signs the housing market is improving and its not too early to start planning for moving house later in the year.
House prices – up, down or level?
Whilst we intend to stay clear of making predictions ourselves, many experts and banks are predicting house prices will rise in 2014 and sales will increase. Halifax are one such organisation and are predicting price rises of up to 8% in the next 12 months.
As home owners see houses in their area selling for more than in previous years they become more confident and start to consider moving up the property ladder themselves.
The threats to the improving housing market are clear to see though: interest rate rises would hit millions of home owners with mortgages and if the economic recovery stumbles due to domestic pressures or problems with foreign economies then consumer confidence will be hit.
Preparing to sell your house
If you considering moving in 2014 you will probably need to work out how much it will cost and what you can afford. Its not too early to get a free removal quote to help you budget. We also offer discounts on removals and storage so its worth checking our special offers page.
You can also use our removal services to help you before, during and after the sale:
- If you are employing builders to carry out home improvements then we can move furniture or other valuables into short-term storage for you.
- We have trailers and vans that are ideal for small loads. We have furniture covers that you can use to protect your sofas, chairs and tables whilst you are decorating.
- When you are ready to put your house on the market, make the most of your rooms by freeing up space. You can make your house look more spacious to visitors by moving some items into our temporary storage.
- When the time comes to move, we can provide boxes for packing, bubblewrap, specialist clothes boxes and more. We can even pack for you and provide an inventory service.
- We have vehicles of all sizes to carry out your move once you have exchanged contracts. We cover all across Devon and Cornwall, the UK and to France and Spain.
- You can use our storage facilities if you need to renovate your new property or if you have downsized.
For more information about our removals services please freephone 0800 923 0355 or view our removals web pages.
Happy New Year and have a great 2014!